We Die In The Same Grave


"I did carve something on this bench year’s back but I don’t exactly remember what and someone has already rubbed it with a stone…  do you remember?"

"Yes . . .  of course, I do"

"Of course . . .You treasure everything inside you. ."

a "Well, somethings are just meant to stay with you... Forever"

"True . . .  How long it has been since that day?"

"If I can only count . . . You sure you don’t want to know about it?"

"About what?"

"What you'd carved years back"

"What difference it would make? You still remember, that means you are still on that same road I chose to quit… please let it go, you still have a future to live for"

"Not really. . . If you still have some chapters open, over the course of time they would scream . . scream may be for forgiveness or may be for one last chance"

"You still haven’t changed. ."

"For the world Yes I've but for my past I haven’t . . . not even a bit"

"What else do you remember?  . . . About us"

"Why are you coming back to the road you chose to quit? I haven’t changed but you have... so be that. ."

"Alright. So . . . How is Shruti?"

" . . . . . . . . . . . . "

"Aakash . . .  How is Shruti? You haven’t left her alone right ?"

"She doesn’t live here anymore . . ."

"Why? Where is she?"

" Nothing . . . Just like you... She chose a different road"

"Is she okay?"

"Yes . . . she's fine... she's happy"

"Glad to know . . . I still remember you guys fighting for no reason . . .it was fun . . . Ah! such a lovely little sister you have . . ."

"yes"

"So . . .  Where is she ?

"......."

"Aakash ?"

"She is dead”
.
.
.
.
How much has Love changed? How much have we changed? Sitting in a corner with my dead beliefs, I've realized that the pain lives inside me, happiness is born out of pain, it is always there, just like a trustworthy companion who never leaves your side . . . Death? Reincarnation? Happiness? I've been misled by destiny to understand what they are and why they are . . . a part of me is dead... that part of me is in peace. I have no one's hand to hold, the only hand I had was kept crossed on a chest with closed eyes. . .in peace. . in hope . . . or to live one more time.


WITH SHRUTI . . .

"Pleas smile . . .I don’t want to close my eyes seeing you crying . . .Aakash. . . You always said 'If you want to sleep in peace, look in the mirror and smile or just see the person you love the most . . smiling ' . . I love you . . please smile"

"Shruti . . . Please don’t go . . "

"Aakash . . . When you go home, I've kept a letter under your desk . . . You need to give it to someone . . .someone we both shared a life with"

" I love you. . .."

" . . . .. . . . . . . ."
.
.
.
.

"She asked me to give this to you... This letter. ."

" . . . . . . . . . . . . "

"Shurti?"

"How can she do that to me? Aakash . . .(shouts) How can she do that to me?"

" . . . . The Letter . . . "

"All these years . . . you . . . you didn’t even bother telling me . . Aakash . . .She's dead . . .oh god .  .  .  why Aakash why?"

"We both waited for you . . .you never came back, until this morning. The Letter, Shruti"

"I'm sorry Aakash . . . (cries) I'm sorry . . .forgive me . . ."

"A part of me is still Alive . . .A part of Shurti is still alive . . . You complete us . . .Open the letter Shruti. . . please"

"Has she forgiven me?"

"Yes . . ."

"I don’t want to open it . . .I feel ashamed of myself Aakash..  I can't"

“It was her dying wish. She trusted you more than anyone. Shruti, when you don’t see the person you love the most around you, either you feel lonely or wait for them to come. She chose to wait but it was too long for her, I don’t know what is there in that letter but I know that there are last few breaths of my sister inside it…  free her … please”

The Letter

My beliefs are scattered in this Universe and time isn’t helping me finding them… My brother drops a tear every time he sees me I can feel it, he is scared, he isn’t happy, he is not what he used to be. Silence is killing him. I’m helpless.. My eyes are dry they have nothing more to offer to express my emotions, they are already dead before I am. Shruti, life doesn’t teach us everything, sometimes we need to learn things on our own. We Rise and we Fall. We live so that we can make a difference but we make it so complex that even living becomes our sole enemy. Though Aakash has given me this book to read haha… He says ‘Before the end, let’s just be happy’ I laughed, my brother still has what’s left after you disappeared. Disappeared is a strong word but we are weak, strength isn’t our Ally. I don’t know why you left us, I don’t want to know what went wrong but Shruti, life takes us forward and we sail accordingly but sometimes we need to look back once and see ‘Are they still there? The ones who walked by you, the ones who still love you.
After every word written, my hope takes a bullet in the head, dying like a soldier, still not giving up… That’s how we always wished to die after seeing  those 70’s war movies through your eyes night and day, my wish seems to be granted haha. Shruti, where are you? Come back... Our bench outside is home to pigeons and crows, it belongs us. Come back…please.

P.S: YOU REMEMBER WHAT U WROTE ON THE BENCH, RIGHT?
                                                                           Waiting,
                                                                         Shruti


“WE LIVE TOGTHER & WE DIE IN THE SAME GRAVE”

“Is this how it all ends ?”

“Aakash . . .What have I done? I killed her… Didn’t I? I didn’t even look back once to see if everything was okay… My crazy ambitions, selfishness they killed her. Why didn’t you stopped me Aakash.”

“You didn’t killed her… Her eyes did . . .”

“Does that make me Evil Aakash? What choice did I had?”

“Were they bigger than us? What choices we had after you left us? Death? Wait? We promised to be with each other, you knew she was weak, I was weak.’

“ . . . . . She gave me everything and I just turned my back on her”

“Shruti, you could see your dreams because my sister wanted you to see it. She was happy to be blind, she gave you her eyes so that she could see what you always wanted to see. Her Darkness was your Light…”

“What happens now Aakash ? Please take me to the cemetery…please”

“It is right beneath you…”

“HAHA… Fool I am. I took her eyes but not her smartness. Grant her wish ‘WE LIVE TOGTHER & DIE IN THE SAME GRAVE’…”

Comments

  1. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ae Aaji

Love will wait…The Muse wont.

An Afternoon that lasted for 22 years