A Darling from Paradise





“You called me darling of tragedies and yet you are so obsessed with me”

“I thought I had lost you.”

“I was never yours to lose.”

“Please don’t say that . . . It hurts”

“It hurts because you still believe that there is a story about us that hasn’t found its beginning or end yet. There is no story, there never was. But there is one thing that will always bring me back to you---

“There is a story and I know it. It’s just a matter of time that it finds its beginning. My heart burns every time I see you with him. Every word that I imagine, every sentence that I craft  . . . it is . . . it is all about you . . . everything I believe in is about you. Why don’t you understand that I love you . . .?”

“So as I was saying . . . there is this one thing that will always bring me back to you . . .”

“Fuck! Are you even listening to me? Oh God I need to calm down . . . Alright . . . Go on . . . Say it”

“Ram, don’t let this Art inside you die. If it dies, I die with it. Your art to write is the only bridge where you can meet me, kiss me a goodbye or even die in my laps to be reborn again. When you write you are powerful, you have control over me; you can fuck me, betray me, and abandon me---

“I want us to be together. This writer needs you---

“This writer needs Art and not my existence”

“What about my existence then? Tell me . . . You have all the answers, right? . . . Come on”

“You are not being practical here Ram. . . Do you really want to destroy yourself? Don’t do this to yourself. . Nurture your talent . . . Understand it . . . Surrender yourself to it.  You have the power to express yourself through words . . . tame that monster that is inside you Ram or you will burn everything. You have to choose between Hell and Paradise.”

“I chose you . . . Why the suffering?”

“You shouldn’t have looked back into your past. I have to go Ram; he is waiting for me.”

“I have failed you. It is over.”

“No. Not yet. There is one thing that you need to know—

“What is it?”

“Just don’t let me die--

“I don’t understand—

“Let me stitch your broken heart until then. . . Tell the world about us Ram . . . They need to know that for an artist to triumph their sacrifice has to be beyond life and death . . .  And when the time comes. . .  I’ll join you in paradise.

“Stop . . . I don’t understand . . . What you are trying to say—
.
.
.
.

*Knock* *knock*

“Sir . . . The press is here . . . Sir? Are you okay?”

“I had this dream again . . . It was her again . . . Oh God” (gasps heavily)

“The press is here Sir . . . and some large number of fans as well. Should I ask them to leave?”

“No. Ask them to wait . . . Is she here?”

“I am sorry Sir but ---

“Nothing, sorry . . . you were saying--

“One more thing sir . . . A lady asked me to give you this.”

“Give it to me. I’ll come and please close the door”

“Sure sir”

The Letter
Ram,

Your darling of tragedies awaits you in paradise. Open the door---



 "What the fuck . . . . "







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ae Aaji

An Afternoon that lasted for 22 years

Love will wait…The Muse wont.