A Fallen Star In Our Heaven


“Ma... Is Daddy a star now?”

“The brightest one amongst the billions”

“Will he ever fall?”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m waiting for him to fall Ma, so I can make a wish”

“And what would it be?”

“To finish that bedtime story....”

“What was the story about?”

“About a father, who promised to come back…?”

With a broken heart and a stitched faith, she said...

“I know the story but it has a different ending”

“Please Ma... tell me the story... please”

“Look up.... What do you see?”

“Stars”

“Which one you want it to be your father...”

“Umm... the one over there....the smallest and the brightest”

“What do we do about the other stars?”

“Ask them to take a good care of daddy and never to leave him alone”

“What would happen if one day, he doesn’t shine?”

“Then I’ll chose a different one and make him my daddy”

“Will you trust him?”

“I will....”

“Will you love him?”

“Always”

“What would you do if he comes back right now?”

The little one gazed. Smaller tears had bigger dreams to believe in....Her eyes already began looking for her father but he was not there...yet.

“Where is Daddy? Where is he ma?”

“Outside”

Her feet have had wings and her faith had a sky to fly. But when she opened the front door...

“Hello Anya”

“Uncle Alex?”

She turned around with questions in her head and heart...But in that moment she saw women with a broken heart that had finally found the last piece of the puzzle. Anya understood love that day...Anya found love that day...

“.....Anya.... child...I am so sorry....”

“Ma... There is a fallen star at our door steps. I think your wish.... sorry...our wish is granted.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ae Aaji

Love will wait…The Muse wont.

An Afternoon that lasted for 22 years